Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY book pillow tutorial

So last week I was on pinterest and i come across this adorable picture of pillow shaped books.




 
I soon decided that I had to have some, so I made them, but I couldn't find a tutorial online, so I made the pattern myself.

For the front/back cover and lining used an A4 sized piece of paper, the spine is around 1cm longer and can be almost any width. The pages opposite the spine are the same as the spine but 3cm shorter, and the other pattern piece for the pages is the length of the shorter side of the A4 but 1.5 cm shorter.

You can make your own pattern for this quite easily because it is just a lot of rectangles.

You will need a few different fabrics for this.
1. Cut it out

2. Print or draw any details on the front cover. I stenciled the deathly hallows on my front cover.
 3. Attach lining to the front and back covers
4.Add any more details, like titles or borders.


5.Sew the spine to the covers.
 
6.Then attach the 'pages'.
 

This is what it should look like after you attach them to both the front and back covers.Make sure that you leave a little bit open.
 
7.Stuff the pillow.
 
8.Sew up the opening that was left open to stuff it.
 
Here are some (really bad) pictures of the final product and Alice in wonderland. :)



 
Have an amazing day :)

1 comment:

  1. thank you, this will be a great christmas gift for booklovers

    ReplyDelete