Thursday, November 22, 2012

D.I.Y dream catchers

I may not have mentioned this but I absolutely love crafting, sewing, baking and making stuff in general. So today I was on pinterest and found an awesome link to a site which had instructions on how to make a dream catcher. I decided to make one but use what I had at home rather than buying all of the materials that would need to be ordered online and take a few days to get here. So I used white wool (from a crochet project that I never got around to doing), ribbon, embroidery thread (from when I went through a soft toy making phase), and plastic beads.

Dream catchers originated from the Ojibwa nation and are now vastly popular in most countries. I personally have one hanging on my head board, so do my nieces and many of my friends. Dream catchers are supposed to stop bad dreams from entering your head. The spider web like net catches harmful influences and the feathers are to provide a ladder for good dreams to climb up.

 
This was my attempt at making a dream catcher although it did not turn out as well as I expected.


http://shinimegamisky.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Make-a-Dreamcatcher-109503043
This is the link to the tutorial. I hope you enjoy making your own dream catchers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment