Friday, June 21, 2013

Does classical music really help with study?

I think that most high school students have heard that listening to classical music will help concentration and study. Today my English teacher was talking about it, so I decided to test the Theory.

How does this work?
Firstly there are different types of brain waves:
  -Alpha waves which are normally present just before you go to sleep or are really relaxed.
  -Beta waves which are generally associated with normal thinking.
  -Theta waves.
  -Delta waves.
  -Gamma waves.

People generally are more creative and focused when alpha waves are present.

The connection is that classical music encourages the presence of alpha waves, hence the theory of classical music being good for study. As I was writing this I listened to Clair De Lune and did not get distracted once, so maybe it will help with focus, but if it doesn't I'll just be more culturally aware, which would be a good thing.

Have an amazing day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment